Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year, New Beginnings, and New at this Blogger



Well after much push from my beautiful Auntie Barbie, I have created a blogger! I love to blog and it's often a way for me to do my journaling for personal reasons or keep in touch with family and close friends! So Thank You Aunt Barbie! Where to start- New Years Eve was a bittersweet time for us. We have been taking care of Davy's Uncle Dave for a little over four months now. He has Hep C and has been in the end stages of the disease. (Just as Davy's Mom died of three years ago) I have been his full time caretaker and honestly, despite the tiring times, it's been a blessing for me in so many ways. On New Years Eve I brought him in to the hospital to get fluid removed off his stomach. We went ahead and went home to enjoy company that evening- at Uncle Daves request by Davy. The next morning Davy got up early and got to the hospital to find they had transferred him to ICU from his regular room and he was very out of it and sleeping deep. Before I could get up there the doctor called and said that Uncle Dave wasn't going to make it out of the hospital to come to live with us and that everything was starting to shut down on him. We made the decision yesterday to stop all medical care except for pain medications to keep him comfortable. So that is where we are at now. He is in a deep sleep and seems very peaceful. This process can take days- even weeks before they go ahead and pass. I know he lived a happy life and is ready to "go home". He will be pain free and whole once again. It is hard to let go of him for selfish reasons we all are guilty of when having to lose a loved one. Im fine one minute and the next minute the sorrow takes me over. Davy and I have been through a lot in our nine years together- and each time we come out stronger people than before. Uncle Dave will be missed and the memories he has given us will live on forever in our hearts. I am glad he made it to see 2009! Despite the pain we are feeling at the very beginning of this New Year, I plan on turning this around after it's all said and done. We will grieve and then we we heal. God has done very awesome things in our lives. He has blessed us with the most amazing family & friends. I could not ask for more. I have lots of goals this year and plan to see those take place one step at a time. I wish for everyone a very blessed 2009! I thought a picture of Uncle Dave, Kylee, and Kaity would be a good one to share!

1 comment:

  1. You did it. Yeah!!! I think you will love this outlet for all your thoughts, your bragging on your beautiful girls, your special occasions to let those near and far know what's happening in your life, etc... Good job. Love, Aunt Barbie.

    ReplyDelete